Program Structure for the Center for the Study of Quran
The Center for the Study of the Quran allows students to experience the Book of Allah by learning the various sciences of the Quran, it’s different recitations (qira’aat), and proper pronunciations (tajweed). The program is directed by Shaykh Subahi Musa who establishes the necessary courses to be taught that each student needs to learn. We focus mainly on four recitations namely Hafs, Warsh, Qalun, and Duri.
- Matn Tufah tul Atfal: The text will be taught with the explanation Aysar Aqwaal from Muhammad Saleem bin Isma’il ghaybi.
- Muqadimah Al Jazariyah: The text will be taught with the explanation lali’un Naqiyyah from Muhammad Saleem bin Isma’il ghaybi.
- Tajweed al Musawar: From Dr. Ayman Suwayd.
Students have the option to enter the Fayda institute Quran certificate program. In order to receive a certificate from Fayda institute, signed by one of the teachers who has sanad the following must be complete:
- Qa’ida Nuraniyyah
- Tajweed al Musawar
- Memorization of Juz amma, Juz Tabarak, surah Sajda, surah Kahf, surah Yaseen, surah Duhkan, Surah Waqia.
If a student decides that he wants to embark on memorizing the entire Quran and receive ijaza he must complete the following:
- Memorization and proper recitation of Muqadimah al Jazariyah. (ijaza will be given upon completion of recitation)
- Memorization of Juz Amma Juz Tabarak, surah Sajda, surah Kahf, surah Yaseen, surah Duhkan, Surah Waqia. The student then begins with Surah Baqarah until the completion of the memorization of the entire Quran. (ijaza will be given upon completion)
If someone is unable to memorize large portions of the Quran but would like to connect to the Quran and receive ijaza they must complete the following:
- Qa’ida Nuraniyya.
- Tajweed al Musawar.
- A full reading of the Quran from beginning to end applying all the rules of tajweed.
- Tafsir Jalayn: Surah al Fatiha Juz amma, Juz Tabarak, Surah Sajda, Surah Kahf, Surah Yaseen, Surah Duhkan, Surah Waqia.
- Tafsir al Kabir Fahkir din Al Razi: Al Fatiha.
- Tafsir Qurtabi: Surah Baqarah.